Dermal Filler – What to Expect
Greetings! Y’all know we love some well-placed dermal filler here at Saving Face to help you feel like your best self, empowered and inspired to go out do your good in the world.
A lot of clients are concerned that it will not look natural, hurt like crazy, and cost a fortune. Know that usually the anxiety is worse than the actual discomfort, and while it is not an inexpensive endeavor, results last up to 2 years depending on the product selection. Our aesthetic here is to keep you looking natural and refreshed. Because a syringe of filler is only 1/5 of one teaspoon (you read that right), it requires significantly more product and money than that to look “unnatural” or “augmented”, and hyaluronic acid filler is dissolvable if need be. We will have complete consultation so you know what to expect on all fronts and will make a plan to keep you natural and refreshed moving into the future.
Before Your Visit: Help us help you not bruise!
- Avoid all alcohol, especially red wine, and all blood thinning agents including ibuprofen, aspirin, other NSAIDS, and omega fatty acids including fatty fishes and nuts for at least a week.
- You can eat a lot of leafy greens and celery prior to your visit as it will increase levels of Vitamin K which is known to help prevent the formation of bruises.
After Your Visit:
Potential expected side effects:
- Swelling. On or around the area(s) treated. Remember it takes a full 2 weeks to set in so don’t judge your result until then. Avoid salt, sulfates or anything you know makes you swell.
- Bruising. Bruises can appear as pin-point bruising, deep blue, or purple bruises (“creeper” bruises) that may not become visible for a few days.
- Tenderness or soreness around the area.
What you can do to help:
- Cool compresses 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for the first 24 hours. Keep the ice pack moving as to not over ice one area and compromise your skin.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Refrain from alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners for 24 hours.
- Stay well hydrated for the first week post injections.
Dermal fillers are super safe but there are a few things to look out for:
- Pain. Especially pain increasing in intensity or persistent, ongoing pain. If you’re having a lot of pain post injections, please contact our office immediately.
- Any discoloration. While bruising is expected, if you have pale, white, grey, dusky, mottled, reticular or a “veiny” appearance to your skin, take a pic and send it our way to access the situation.
- Redness, hot to touch, running a fever or any signs of infection? Please notify us and we can get you started on an antibiotic if necessary.
As always, apply FADED, our super effective CBD/Arnica post care treatment product 3 times per day to the treatment area for a MUCH better downtime!
All the LOVE!